Brother Knights of Columbus and St. Pius Parishioners,
The Knights of Columbus of Louisiana are mobilizing to assist those impacted by recent flooding in the state. You can help our Shreveport Council in this effort.
1) Collecting information about those impacted.
2) Donate money.
3) Donate urgently needed supplies.
Please read further for details.
1) Do you know someone impacted? We are collecting the names and as much information as you can provide of any parishioners and family members who have been impacted. This information will be forwarded to the State Council, who will pass on to Knights and Councils that have offered and may be able to assist. Information about those impacted can be submitted below. Complete the form at the bottom of this page and press the 'Submit' button.
2) Monetary donations are also being accepted. Checks can be made out to “Knights of Columbus, #1108”, make a note on the check it is for flood relief. All donations will be forwarded on to the State level and used to provide direct assistance to those in need. Checks or cash can be returned by: 1) hand it to any of the officers at Mass or hospitality, 2) mail it to Knights of Columbus, c/o Financial Secretary, to the St. Pius X address at 4300 N. Market Street, Shreveport, 71107.
3) Urgently needed supplies being collected. The local Broadmoor Council has arranged for collecting and transporting flood relief supplies to South Louisiana. Items that are most urgently needed are listed below. A collection box is setup in the Narthex, with the label Knights of Columbus. Items collected each weekend will be delivered to the Broadmoor Council Hall at 220 E Stephenson St, and the KC will arrange to have supplied transported to South Louisiana. You can also drop off supplies directly at the Broadmoor Hall Sundays from 12p to 8p, and Monday 8am to 8pm, for the next several weeks.
Red Cross is requesting these items:
Toilet paper, Individually wrapped tooth brushes, toothpaste, other toiletries.
Soap (bar, laundry, shampoo)
Undergarments (all sizes)
Mosquito repellent and Sunblock
Sheets, Pillows, Pillow Cases, Blankets, towels
Baby needs (diapers, wipes, etc)
Cases of water
Cleaning Supplies (trash bags, bleach, latex/rubber/vinyl gloves, mops, brooms, buckets
rags, cleaning products, such as Lysol or similar (spray and liquid)
And of course, PRAY for the well being of all those impacted, and for those providing assistance. This effort speaks to the very heart of the first core principle of the KC, “Charity”. Vivat Jesus.
Ted Kapera, Grand Knight
Shreveport Council #1108